Monday, 31 March 2014

Development Ideas


Some initial front cover design ideas and different steps of creation, involving the painted texture foods I made earlier. After receiving feedback off peers and clients, I need to look more into the sustainable side of the book such as emphasizing seasonal foods, colours etc. These designs however seem very suitable and appealing to children in my opinion due to the busyness, colours, textures and the game of 'follow the lines' on the front. Others feel the bowl could be illustrated as well as it could seem out of place, and that the lines should all be different colours or patterns. 



While I like this sleek simple design, I do not feel it is as appealing to children as my first design idea. Here I used my hand drawn food sketches accompanied by different fonts that mimic hand-written styles, giving that messy yet personal feel like a scrap book sort of deal. The minimal design emphasizes the sustainable theme as it leaves out unnecessary things, only giving us the important info. My tutor felt reminded of another book after looking at my design - 'The Sustainable Table' which I felt was a brilliant quirky designed book that worked well for its target audience, alas my book is aimed at children so again, I will be changing/going with a different design idea. 


No comments:

Post a Comment