'Easy Cheesy Eggy Bread'
I chose to make the 'easy cheesy eggy bread' as it was a simple start and the recipe I would have most enjoyed, plus I feel it would be the most appealing to children due to its simplicity. I made the dish in Ludlow, where I also purchased the ingredients.
Bread - £1.40 for a loaf from Waltons Bakery.
Cheese - £1 for the block I purchased, also from Waltons bakery, locally supplied.
Butter - £1 from a supermarket.
Chives - £1 from a local green grocer.
Egg - £1 for a box, from Clun farm.
Overall I think it would cost less than £1 per person for this dish as the small amount I used actually made enough for 2 people. It only took about 10 minutes to make this dish, and I think after making it once it would take even less time to complete if I were to do it again. To change or improve the recipe, I could try using different varieties of breads such as wholemeal or flavoured varieties. I could add toppings such as bacon bits or onions and peppers, which may be more appealing to children due to different colours and textures.

No comments:
Post a Comment